Wolverton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Welverdington
Parish registers begin: 1680
Parishes adjacent to Wolverton
- Norton Lindsey
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WOLVERTON, or Welverdington, a parish in Stratford-on-Avon district, Warwick; 1½ mile S of Claverdon r. station, and 5 N of Stratford. Post town, Stratford-on-Avon. Acres, 1,320. Real property, £1,809. Pop., 159. Houses, 35. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £380. Patron, the Rev. B. Winthrop.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Wolverton, 4½ m. W.S.W. Warwick. P. 162.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Stratford on Avon
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Warwick
- Poor Law Union: Stratford on Avon
- Hundred: Barlinchway
- Province: Canterbury