Wixford is a chapelry of Exhall (near Alcester) Ancient Parish in Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Wigglesford
Parish registers begin: 1540
Parishes adjacent to Wixford
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WIXFORD, a parish in Alcester district, Warwick; on the river Arrow, and on the Barnt-Green, Redditch, and Tewkesbury railway, 2 miles S of Alcester. It has a postal letter-box under Redditch, a r. station, and an inn. Acres, 530. Real property, £1,204. Pop., 123. Houses, 31. The manor belongs to Sir W. Throckmorton. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Exhall. The church is ancient.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Wixford, 2 miles S. Alcester. P. 121
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Wixford, Warwickshire Poll Book 1868
Below are the names of those that voted in the election of November 1868 between Lord Hyde. Sir R. N. C. Hamilton, Bart., K.C.B. H. C. Wise, Esq. John Hardy, Esq.
Poll Book, South Warwickshire Election, November 1868.
Alcester Polling District
No. and Name of Voter.
570 Bomford, Ebenezer
571 Cox, John
572 Dyke, George
573 Elton, Thomas
574 Hopkins, Henry
575 Wilkes, Joshua
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Alcester
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Warwick
- Poor Law Union: Alcester
- Hundred: Barlinchway
- Province: Canterbury