Whichford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Other places in the parish include: Whichford with Ascott, Stourton, Stowton, and Stowerton.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1540
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1613
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Hook Norton
- Great Rollright
- Sutton Under Brailes
- Long Compton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WHICHFORD, a parish, with Stourton hamlet, in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; 5 miles N of Chipping-Norton r. station. Post town, Shipston-on-Stour. Acres, 3,100. Real property, £5,131. Pop., 698. Houses, 150. W. manor belongs to Sir G. R. Philips; and that of Steuston, to W. Timms, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £696. Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church is good; and there are two national schools.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Shipston on Stour
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Kineton
Poor Law Union: Shipston on Stour