Wellesbourne is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Wellesbourne Hastings
Other places in the parish include: Wellesbourne Mountford and Wellesbourne Hastings and Walton.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1560
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1611
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Newbold Pacey
- Walton D'Eivile
- Moreton Morrell
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WELLESBOURNE-HASTINGS, and W.-MOUNTFORD, two parishes in Stratford-on-Avon district, Warwick; 5 miles E by N of Stratford r. station. They have a post-office under Warwick, and an inn. Acres, 2,849 and 1,654. Real property, £5,323 and £4,653. Pop., 800 and 742. Houses, 181 and 182. W. Hall is the seat of B. Granville, Esq. The livings are a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £422. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is partly Norman, partly early English. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Stratford on Avon
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Kineton
Poor Law Union: Stratford on Avon