Weethley is a chapelry of Kinwarton Ancient Parish in Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Wetherley
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1572
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1612
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WEETHLEY, a parish in Alcester district, Warwick; 3 miles SW of Alcester r. station. Post town, Alcester, under Redditch. Acres, 638. Real property, £616. Pop., 33. Houses, 9. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Kinwarton. The church was rebuilt in 1858.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The History Topography and Directory of Warwickshire 1830
Weethley, – In Doomsday-book written Willei, – a chapelry belonging to Kinwarton, with which its population is included. In 1826 it was valued at £713, and its proportion to the county rate, £2 19s.5d.
At an early period this manor is said to have been the property of the monks of Evesham, and at the dissolution of the monasteries, granted to Maude Lane, who disposed of it to Nicholas Fortiscue, and in 1095 [sic], it was sold to Humphrey Jennes of Yarnton–Hall, near Bermingham.
Source: The History Topography and Directory of Warwickshire 1830. Wm. West. Printed and Published by R. Wrightson, Athenaeum, New-Street; and sold by Baldwin and Craddock, and Hurst, Chance and Co., London. 1830.
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Alcester
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Warwick
- Poor Law Union: Alcester
- Hundred: Barlinchway
- Province: Canterbury