Wasperton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1611
- Hampton Lucy
- Newbold Pacey
- Bishops Tachbrook
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WASPERTON, a parish in the district and county of Warwick; on the river Avon, 4½ miles S by W of Warwick r. station. It has a post-office under Warwick. Acres, 1,619. Real property, £3,138. Pop., 269. Houses, 65. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £230. Patron, the Rector of Hampton-Lucy. The church was formerly a chapel of ease to Hampton-Lucy, and has been enlarged and beautified. There are a national school, and charities £10.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Warwick
Rural Deanery: Kineton
Poor Law Union: Warwick