Warton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Warwickshire, created in 1849 from Polesworth Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Waverton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1631
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1669
Nonconformists include: General Baptist
- Orton on the Hill
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WARTON, or Waverton, a chapelry in Polesworth parish, Warwick; 1½ mile NE of Polesworth r. station. It was constituted in 1849; and its Post town is Polesworth, under Tamworth. Pop., 582. Houses, 141. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £122. Patron, the Vicar of Polesworth. There is a Baptist chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Atherstone
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Arden
Poor Law Union: Atherstone