Wappenbury is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Other places in the parish include: Eathorpe.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1753
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1653
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
- Weston under Wetherley
- Stretton upon Dunsmore
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WAPPENBURY, a parish in the district and county of Warwick: 2¾ miles WNW of Marton r. station, and 4¾ ENE of Leamington. It includes Eathorpe township, and has a post-office under Leamington. Acres, 1,550. Real property, £2,548. Pop., 251. Houses, 59. The manor belongs to Lord Clifford. Eathorpe Hall is the seat of S. Shepheard, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £70. Patron, Lord Clifford. The church is good; and there are an Independent chapel, a Roman Catholic chapel, and charities £9.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Warwick
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Marton
Poor Law Union: Warwick