Stoke is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1574
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1664
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
- Coventry St Peter
- Coventry St Michael
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STOKE, a parish, with a village, in Foleshill district, Warwick; 2 miles ENE of Coventry r. station. It has a post-office, of the name of Stoke-Green, under Coventry. Acres, 920. Real property, £9,643. Pop. in 1851, 1,031; in 1861, 1,555. Houses, 325. The manor belongs to the corporation of Coventry. There are many fine villas. Ribbon-weaving is carried on. The living is a vicarage, united with Walsgrave, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £333. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient, and has been repaired and enlarged. There are an Independent chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Foleshill
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Coventry
Poor Law Union: Foleshill