Stockton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1567
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1670
- Napton on the Hill
- Long Itchington
- Leamington Hastings
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STOCKTON, a parish, with a village, in Southam district, Warwick; 4 miles NE of Southam-Road r. station. It has a post-office under Rugby. Acres, 1,800. Real property, £2,970; of which £150 are in quarries. Pop., 548. Houses, 114. S. House is the seat of R. F. Welchman, Esq. Blue lias lime is largely manufactured. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £278. Patron, New College, Oxford. The church, excepting the chancel and the tower, was rebuilt in 1863. There are two national schools.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Southam
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Marton
Poor Law Union: Southam