Stockingford is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Warwickshire, created in 1843 from Nuneaton Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1824
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1824
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
- Chilvers Coton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STOCKINGFORD, a chapelry, with a straggling village, in Nuneaton parish, Warwick; on the Birmingham and Leicester railway, 2 miles W of Nuneaton. It has a station on the railway, and a postal pillar-box under Nuneaton; and it was constituted in 1854. Rated property, £3,324. Pop., 1,610. Houses, 376. The property is subdivided. Ribbon-weaving is carried on; and there are collieries and brick-works. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £120. Patron, the Vicar of Nuneaton. The church was built in 1824. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Nuneaton
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Arden
Poor Law Union: Nuneaton