Stivichall is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Warwickshire, created in 1739 from chapelry in Coventry St Michael Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Styvachale
Parish church: St. James
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1648
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STIVICHALL, a parish in the district and county of Warwick; 1 mile S of Coventry. Post town, Coventry. Acres, 860. Real property, £1,933. Pop., 72. Houses, 15. S. Hall is the seat of A. H. Gregory, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £90. Patron, A. H. Gregory, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1817.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Stivichall (St. James), a parish, in the union, and N. division of the county, of Warwick, 1 ¾ mile (S by W) from Coventry; containing 99 inhabitants, and comprising 724 acres of a highly productive soil. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £90; patron and impropriator, Francis Gregory, Esq.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Warwick
- Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Coventry
- Poor Law Union: Warwick
- Hundred: Knightlow
- Province: Canterbury