Snitterfield is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1561
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1611
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Hampton Lucy
- Aston Cantlow
- Norton Lindsey
- Sherbourne with Fulbrook
- Stratford on Avon
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SNITTERFIELD, a village, a parish, and a division, in Warwick. The village stands 3¾ miles NNE of Stratford-on-Avon r. station; and has a post-office under Stratford-on-Avon. The parish comprises 3,725 acres, and is in Stratford-on-Avon district. Real property, £6,625. Pop., 881. Houses, 195. The manor, with S. House, belongs to M. Philips, Esq. Ingon Grange is the seat of Misses Attye; and the Wolds, of H. Smith, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £271. Patron, the Bishop of W. The church is early English and good. There are a national school, and charities £9. The poet Jago was vicar. The division contains 14 parishes, and is part of Barlichway hundred. Acres, 22,293. Pop. in 1851, 3,845. Houses, 813.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Stratford on Avon
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Warwick
Poor Law Union: Stratford on Avon