Shustoke is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire. Bentley is a chapelry of Shustoke.
Other places in the parish include: Blythe.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1674
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SHUSTOKE, a parish, with a village and two hamlets, in Meriden district, Warwick; 2 miles ESE of Whitacre-Junction r. station, and 3 ENE of Coleshill. It has a post-office under Birmingham. Acres, 3,844. Real property, £4,133. Pop., 558. Houses, 119. S. Hall is the seat of E. Tongue, Esq. Blythe Hall was the seat of the antiquary Dugdale, and belongs now to Capt. J. D. W. Digby. The living is a vicarage, with Bentley chapelry, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £258. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The parochial church is early English, and has a tower and spire. Bentley church was built in 1844. There are an endowed school and alms houses with £49 a year, and other charities £5.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Shustoke with Blythe The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Shustake [sic] with Blythe, a parish in the Atherstone division of the hund. of Hemlingford, union of Meriden, county of Warwick; 3 miles north-east by east of Coleshill, in the line of the Birmingham and Derby Junction railway. It includes the hamlet of Bentley. Living, a discharged vicarage, formerly in the archd. of Coventry and dio. of Lichfield and Coventry, now in the dio. of Worcester; rated at £5 7s., returned at £62; gross income £258. Tithes commuted in 1839; aggregate amount £377 8s. 11d. due to the impropriator, and £202 13s. 4d. to the vicar. Patron, the Lord-chancellor. Here are 3 daily schools, one of which is endowed with £35 per annum, by Sir. Thomas Huntbach, who also founded and endowed almshouses for six poor persons. Other charities, in 1834, £4 11s. 10d. per annum. Poor rates, in 1838, £101 6s. Acres 3,160. Houses 135. A. P. £4,529. Pop., in 1801, 496; in 1831, 634.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Meriden
- Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Arden
- Poor Law Union: Meriden
- Hundred: Hemlingford
- Province: Canterbury