Sheldon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1676
- Castle Bromwich
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SHELDON, a parish, with a village, in Meriden district, Warwick; 1 mile SW of Marston-Green r. station, and 4½ SW of Coleshill. It has a post-office under Birmingham. Acres, 2,514. Real property, £4,891. Pop., 434. Houses, 90. The manor belongs to the Rev. J. W. Digby. S. Hall was formerly the seat of the Devereux family, and is now a farmhouse. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £500 Patron, G. W. Digby, Esq. The church is tolerable. There are a good library, an endowed school with £36 a year, and charities £36.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Meriden
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Arden
Poor Law Union: Meriden