Seckington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1612
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1679
- Thorpe Constantine
- Newton Regis
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SECKINGTON, a parish in the district of Tamworth and county of Warwick; 3 miles N of Polesworth r. station, and 4 ENE of Tamworth. Post-town, Tamworth. Acres, 806. Real property, £1,406. Pop., 108. Houses, 24. The manor was anciently called Seccandun, and belongs now to Sir R. Burdett, Bart. A battle was fought here, in 757, between Cuthred and Ethelwald. There are a barrow and remains of an ancient camp. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £250. Patron, Sir R. Burdett, Bart. The church is ancient, and has a tower and spire.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Tamworth
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Arden
Poor Law Union: Tamworth