Ryton on Dunsmore is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Ryton upon Dunsmore
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1671
Nonconformists include: Calvinist, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and Independent/Congregational.
- Coventry St Peter
- Stretton on Dunsmore
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RYTON-UPON-DUNSMORE, a parish, with a village, in Rugby district, Warwick; on the river Avon, 2 miles SW of Brandon r. station, and 5 SE of Coventry. It has a post-office under Coventry. Acres, 1,650. Real property, £3,972. Pop., 557. Houses, 131. The property is divided among a few. The parish is a meet for the North Warwick hounds. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £126. Patrons, the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. The church is early English, with a tower; contains some ancient monuments; and was given, as a prebend, by the Prior of Coventry, to Lichfield cathedral. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Eburne Francis, Ryton-upon-Dunsmore, Warwickshire, miller, Oct. 13, 1826.
Source: Extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Civil Registration District: Rugby
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stonleigh
Poor Law Union: Rugby