Radway is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1605
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1663
Nonconformists include: Society of Friends/Quaker
- Burton Dassett
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RADWAY, a parish, with a pretty village, in the district of Banbury and county of Warwick; in a fertile valley, under Edge hill, 3¼ miles S E of Kineton, and 5¼ SW of Fenny-Compton r. station. Post-town, Kineton, under Warwick. Acres, 1,530. Real property, £3,056. Pop., 375. Houses, 79. The manor belongs to the Duchy of Lancaster. The figure of a horse, in memory of the battle of Towton, is cut on a hill side. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £114. Patron, the Rev. G. Miller. The church was rebuilt in 1866; is in the decorated English style; and consists of nave, aisles, chancel, N chancel, vestry, and S porch, with tower and spire. There are an endowed institute of general literature, and a free school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Banbury
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stonleigh
Poor Law Union: Banbury