Radford Semele is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Radford
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1565
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Independent/Congregational, and Society of Friends/Quaker.
- Leamington Priors
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RADFORD, or Radford-Semele, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in the district and county of Warwick. The village stands adjacent to the Rugby and Leamington railway and to the Warwick and Napton canal, 1½mile WNW of the Fosse way, and 2 ESE of Leamington r. station; and has a post-office under Leamington. The parish comprises 2,093 acres. Real property, £4,299. Pop., 527. Houses, 129. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to F. E. Williams, Esq. R. Hall is the seat of E. Lythall, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £200. Patron, F. E. Williams, Esq. The church is ancient, and has a tower. There are a national school, and charities £17. The sub-district contains also 8 other parishes. Acres, 16,168. Pop., 4,049. Houses, 900.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Warwick
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stonleigh
Poor Law Union: Warwick