Priors Marston is a chapelry of Priors Hardwick Ancient Parish in Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Marston Priors
Parish church: St Leonard
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1689
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: General Baptist, Moravian/United Brethren, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MARSTON-PRIORS, a village and a parish in Southam district, Warwick. The village stands near the Oxford canal, adjacent to Northamptonshire, 5 miles NE by E of Fenny-Compton r. station, and 5 SE of Southam; and has a post office under Rugby. The parish comprises 3,630 acres. Real property, £6,578. Pop., 698. Houses, 155. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £230. Patron, Earl Spencer. The church was mainly rebuilt in 1863, but retains the old tower. There are chapels for Moravians and Wesleyans, and some charities.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The History Topography and Directory of Warwickshire 1830
Priors-Marston, - a township in the parish of Priors Hardwick, in Kington hundred, 4 miles SE from Southam, and 79 from London. In 1803, its parochial rates were £737 18s. 6d. at 5s. in the pound. In 1811, it contained 125 houses and 532 inhabitants. In 1821, it contained 134 houses and 593 inhabitants. In 1826, it was valued at £5423, and its proportion to the county rate was £22 11s. 11d.
Source: The History Topography and Directory of Warwickshire 1830. Wm. West. Printed and Published by R. Wrightson, Athenaeum, New-Street; and sold by Baldwin and Craddock, and Hurst, Chance and Co., London. 1830.
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Southam
- Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Stonleigh
- Poor Law Union: Southam
- Hundred: Kington
- Province: Canterbury