Priors Hardwick is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire. Priors Marston is a chapelry of Priors Hardwick.
Alternative names: Hardwick Priors
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1661
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
View Larger Map
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARDWICK-PRIORS, a parish in Southam district, Warwickshire; adjacent to Northamptonshire and to the Oxford canal, 4 miles NE of Fenny-Compton r. station, and 5 SE by S of Southam. Post-town, Priors-Marston, under Daventry. Acres, 1,600. Real property, £2,901. Pop., 323. Houses, 65. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £240. Patron, Earl Spencer. The church is early and decorated English, in tolerable condition.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Southam
- Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Stonleigh
- Poor Law Union: Southam
- Hundred: Kington
- Province: Canterbury