Status: Ancient Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1669
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Parishes adjacent to Offchurch
- Radford Semele
- Long Itchington
- Weston under Wetherley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
OFFCHURCH, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Warwick; on the river Leam, the Warwick and Napton canal, the Fosse way, and the Rugby and Warwick railway, 3 miles E of Leamington r. station, and 5 E by N of Warwick. Post-town, Leamington. Acres, 2,273. Real property, £4,144. Pop., 304. Houses, 66. The manor belonged anciently to the Mercian kings, afterwards to Coventry priory; and, with all the property, belongs now to the Earl of Aylesford. Offchurch-Bury, an ancient stone mansion, is the Earl's seat; and stands on the Leam, in a finely wooded park of about 250 acres. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £140. Patron, Lady Aylesford. The church is ancient but good; consists of nave and chancel, with porch and tower; and contains several handsome monuments and tablets. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Offchurch, 5 m. E. Warwick. P.367.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Warwick
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stonleigh
Poor Law Union: Warwick