Newton and Biggin is a chapelry of Clifton upon Dunsmore Ancient Parish in Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Newton
Other places in the parish include: Biggin.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
NEWTON and BIGGIN, a township in Clifton-on-Dunsmore parish, Warwick; 1½ mile N of Clifton village. Acres, 1,160. Real property, £2,739. Pop., 282. Houses, 62. The manor belongs to W. M. Parsons, Esq. Cave, the friend of Dr. Johnson, and the originator of the Gentleman's Magazine, was a native.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Rugby
- Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Marton
- Poor Law Union: Rugby
- Hundred: Knightlow
- Province: Canterbury