Newbold Pacey is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Other places in the parish include: Ashorne.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1554
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1613
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
- Bishops Tachbrook
- Moreton Morrell
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
NEWBOLD-PACEY, a parish in Stratford-on-Avon district, Warwickshire; on a small affluent of the river Avon, near the Fosse way, 5¼ miles WSW of Harbury r.station, and 5¼ S by E of Warwick. It contains the hamlet of Ashorne; and its post town is Wellesbourne, under Warwick. Acres, 1,824. Real property, £2,822. Pop., 360. Houses, 80. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged anciently to the Pacey family. Newbold-Pacey Hall is the seat of J. Little, Esq.; and Ashorne House, of Capt. F. H. G. Nicolls. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £639. Patron, Queen's College, Oxford. The church is Norman, in tolerable condition. There are an Independent chapel, a British school, and charities £4.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Stratford on Avon
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Kineton
Poor Law Union: Stratford on Avon