Lower Eatington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Eatington, Ettington
Other places in the parish include: Fulready, Lambcote, Upper Eatington, and Thornton.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1661
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1612
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational, Society of Friends/Quaker, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Pillerton Hersey
- Walton D'Eivile
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EATINGTON, a parish in Stratford-on-Avon district, Warwick; at the verge of the county, on the river Stour, near the Fosse way, 5½ miles SE by S of Stratford-on-Avon town and r. station. It contains Lower Eatington, Upper Eatington, Fulready, Lambcote, and Thornton; and has a post office under Stratford-on-Avon. Acres, 4,080. Real property, £5,057. Pop., 713. Houses, 155. Eatington Park is the seat of E. J. Shirley, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £154. Patron, E. J. Shirley, Esq. The church is modern; and there are three dissenting-chapels, a free school, and charities £34.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Stratford on Avon
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Kineton
Poor Law Union: Stratford on Avon