Lighthorne is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1611
- Newbold Pacey
- Compton Verney
- Moreton Morrell
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LIGHTHORNE, a village and a parish in Southam district, Warwick. The village stands near the Fosse way, 3½ miles N of Kineton, and 4 SW by S of Harbury r. station; and has a post office under Warwick. The parish comprises 2,007 acres. Real property, £2,249. Pop., 391. Houses, 85. The manor and most of the land belong to Lord Willoughby de Broke. The parish is a meet for the Warwickshire hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £322. Patron, Lord Willoughby de Broke. The church is early English, in good condition; consists of nave and chancel, with a tower; and contains a tablet to the late Lord Willoughby de Broke. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Southam
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Kineton
Poor Law Union: Southam