Leek-Wootton, a village and a parish in the district and county of Warwick. The village stands near the river Avon and the Leamington and Coventry railway, 1 ½ mile S by W of Kenilworth r. station, and 2 N of Warwick; and has a post-office under Warwick. – The parish contains also the hamlet of Hill-Wootton. Acres, 1,860. Real property, £4,389. Pop., 389. Houses, 93. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Lord Clarendon. Woodcote House is the seat of H. C. Wise, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £400. Patron, Lord Leigh. The church was rebuilt in 1792; has a new chancel, in the decorated English style, built in 1843; has also an embattled tower; is adorned, in its windows, with beautiful stained glass, partly put up in 1864; and contains several handsome monumental tablets. There are a national school and charities £18.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].