Lea Marston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Other places in the parish include: Marston.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1570
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1673
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LEA-MARSTON, a village and a parish in Meriden district, Warwick. The village stands on the river Tame, near Whitacre r. station, 2¼ miles N of Coleshill; and has a post office under Birmingham. The parish contains also the hamlet of Marston, and comprises 1,438 acres. Real property, £2,116. Pop., 261. Houses, 60. The manor, with Hams Hall and most of the land, belongs to the Right Hon.B. Adderley. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £150. Patron, the Right Hon.B. Adderley. The church stands embosomed in wood, has a tower, and contains monuments of the Adderleys. There are national schools, and charities £9.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Meriden
Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Arden
Poor Law Union: Meriden