Lapworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Other places in the parish include: Kingswood.
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1561
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1613
Nonconformists include: Presbyterian and Society of Friends/Quaker.
- Preston Bagot
- Hampton in Arden
- Tanworth in Arden
- Baddesley Clinton
- Stratford on Avon
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LAPWORTH, a village and a parish in Solihull district, Warwick. The village stands near the Birmingham and Stratford canal, 2 miles WSW of Kingswood r. station, and 3¾ N by E of Henley-in-Arden; and has a post-office under Birmingham. The parish includes also part of the hamlet of Kingswood. Acres, 2,971. Real property, £11,722; of which £6,400 are in the canal. Pop., 630. Houses, 148. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to P. W. Martin and R. Dolphin, Esqs. The parish is a meet for the North Warwickshire hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £428. Patron, Merton College, Oxford. The church is mainly decorated and later English, and has a very fine spire. There are an endowed school and charities, with collectively £397 a-year.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Church records - Indexes
Poorhouses, poor law, etc.
Civil Registration District: Solihull
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Kineton
Poor Law Union: Solihull