Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Ladbrooke
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LADBROOKE, a. parish, with a village, in Southam district, Warwick; near the river Itchen, 1½ mile ESE of Harbury r. station, and 2 S by W of Southam. Post-town, Southam, under Rugby. Acres, with Lower Hodnel and Upper Hodnel extra-parochial places, 3,951. Real property, £3,317. Pop., 274. Houses, 61. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged formerly to the Palmer family, and belongs now to C. R. P. Morewood, Esq. Ladbrooke Gorse is a meet for the Warwickshire hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £441. Patron, the Rev. T. A. Vincent. The church is ancient and very good; has a fine tower and spire; and contains a rich silver-gilt communion service, and several monuments of the Palmers. Charities, £42.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Church records – Indexes
Land and property
Civil Registration District: Southam
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Marton
Poor Law Union: Southam