Hunningham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Honingham
Other places in the parish include: Hinckley.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1718
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
- Long Itchington
- Weston under Wetherley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HUNNINGHAM, or Honingham, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Warwick; on the river Leam, 3 miles WNW of Marton r. station, and 5 NE of Leamington. Post town, Leamington. Acres, 1,170. Real property, £2,213. Pop. in 1851, 319; in 1861, 253. Houses, 58. The decrease of pop. was caused mainly by the discontinuance of a lunatic asylum. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to Lord Leigh. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £68. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good; consists of nave, chancel, and N aisle, with small wooden tower; and contains a few ancient monuments. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Hunningam, 5 m. N.N.W. Southam. P. 245.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Civil Registration District: Warwick
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Marton
Poor Law Union: Warwick