Harbury is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Harberbury
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1564
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: Presbyterian, Primitive Methodist, Society of Friends/Quaker, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Radford Semele
- Bishop's Itchington
- Long Itchington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARBURY, or HARBERBURY, a parish in Southam district, Warwick; on the river Ichene, and on the Oxford and Birmingham railway, near the Fosse way, 2¾ miles WSW of Southam. It has a station with telegraph on the railway, and a post office under Leamington. Acres, 2,060. Real property, £7,150. Pop., 1,206. Houses, 272. The property is subdivided. A cutting, on the line of the railway here, is 100 feet deep and 600 feet wide. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £268. Patron, John Hudson, Esq. The church is ancient, in tolerable condition; and consists of nave, chancel, and S aisle, with a tower. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, a national school, and charities £86.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Southam
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stonleigh
Poor Law Union: Southam