Harborough Magna is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Great Harborough
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1540
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARBOROUGH (GREAT), or HARBROUGH MAGNA, a parish in Rugby district, Warwick; on the Midland railway and the Oxford canal, 3¼ miles NW of Rugby. Post town, Rugby. Acres, 1,580. Real property, £2,787. Pop., 295. Houses, 85. The manor belongs to Sir Payton Skipwith, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £298. Patron, J. W. Boughton Leigh, Esq. The church is part of a very ancient one, supposed to have been monastic; consists of nave and chancel, with a tower; and has some very curiously stained glass. There are a national school, and charities £65.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Rugby
Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Coventry
Poor Law Union: Rugby