Packington (Great), a parish in Meriden district, Warwick; on the river Blythe, 2 ½ miles NE of Hampton-Junction r. station, and 2 ½ NW of Meriden. Post-town, Meriden, under Coventry. Acres, 2,451. Real property, £3,441. Pop., 336. Houses, 53. The manor, with Packington Hall, belonged formerly to the Fishers, and belongs now to the Earl of Aylesford. The living is a vicarage, united with the rectory of Little Packington, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £460. Paton, the Earl of Aylesford. The church was rebuilt by Bonomi, after the model of the temple of Paestum. Charities, £21
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Packington (Great), 6 miles N.E. Solihull. P. 340
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.