Grandborough is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Other places in the parish include: Woolscott, Caulcott, and Calcutt.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1581
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
- Lower Shuckburgh
- Napton on the Hill
- Leamington Hastings
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
GRANDBOROUGH, a village and a parish in Rugby district, Warwick. The village stands on the river Leam, near the Oxford canal and the boundary with Northampton, 5 miles SE by E of Birdingbury r. station, and 6 NE of Southam; is a scattered place; and has a post office under Rugby. The parish includes the hamlets of woolscott and Calcutt. Acres, 4,100. Real property, £7,510. Pop., 462. Houses, 109. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £185. Patron, the Rev. R. Kettle. The church is ancient but good; and consists of nave, chancel, and aisles, with a neat spire. There are a national school, and charities £6.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Rugby
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Marton
Poor Law Union: Rugby