Gaydon is a chapelry of Chadshunt chapelry of Bishops' Itchington Ancient Parish in Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Gaydon and Chadshunt
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1701
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Burton Dassett
- Bishop's Itchington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
GAYDON, a parish in Southam district, Warwick; 3 miles NE of Kineton, and 4 WNW of Fenny-Compton r. station. Post town, Kineton, under Warwick. Acres, 1,140. Real property, £1,964. Pop., 292. Houses, 62. The manor belonged once to the bishops of Lichfield and Coventry; was afterwards long held by the Fishers; and passed to the Askells. The parish is a meet for the Warwickshire hounds. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Bishops-Itchington, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is later English.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Southam
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Bishop's Itchington
Rural Deanery: Marton
Poor Law Union: Southam