Foleshill St Paul is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Warwickshire, created in 1842 from Foleshill Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1564
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FOLESHILL, a town, a parish, a sub-district, and a district in Warwick. The town stands adjacent to the Oxford canal and the Coventry and Nuneaton railway, 2½ miles NNE of Coventry; has a station on the railway, and a post office under Coventry; and participates in the ribbon, silk, and other manufactures of Coventry. The parish comprises 2,594 acres. Real property, £23,950; of which £2,437 are in mines. Pop., 8,140. Houses, 1,913. Foleshill Manor House and Foleshill Hall are chief residences. Iron-founding, coal-mining, and brick-making are carried on. Both the head living and another living called St. Paul's are vicarages in the diocese of Worcester. Value of the former, £353; of the latter, £180. Patron of the former, the Lord Chancellor; of the latter, the Vicar of F. The head church was enlarged in 1816; and has an ancient font. There are chapels for Independents, Baptists, Wesleyans, and Primitive Methodists, and two national schools. The sub-district contains also the parish of Exhall and Bedworth, and the hamlet of Keresley. Acres, 7,799. Pop., 15,327. Houses, 3,503.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Foleshill
- Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Coventry
- Poor Law Union: Foleshill
- Hundred: Knightlow
- Province: Canterbury