Exhall, a parish in the liberties of Coventry, union of Foleshill, county of Warwick; 4¼ miles north- north-east of Coventry, and near the Coventry canal. Living, a vicarage, formerly in the archd. of Coventry and dio. of Lichfield and Coventry, now in the dio. of Worcester; valued at £197; gross income £143. Patroness, in 1835, Mrs. Knightly. Impropriate and vicarial tithes, the property of the lord of the manor and vicar, were commuted in 1761. Here are 2 daily schools. Charities, in 1833, £19 18s. per annum. Poor rates, in 1838, £313 15s. The hand-loom weaving is carried on in this as well as all the other parishes in the liberties of Coventry: in 1818 there were 16 looms, and 31 weavers employed in the ribbon trade. In 1838 the report of the state of the hand-loom weaving in this parish, is mixed up with that in the parish of Foleshill — which see— and Coventry. Houses 192. Acres 1,750. A. P. £3,071. Pop., in 1801, 694; in 1831, 840.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Exhall, 4 miles N. Coventry. P.936
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.