Erdington is a chapelry of Aston juxta Birmingham Ancient Parish in Warwickshire.
Parish registers begin: 1824
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Roman Catholic.
Parishes adjacent to Erdington
- Duddeston cum Nechells
- Aston juxta Birmingham
- Ward End
- Sutton Coldfield
- Castle Bromwich
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ERDINGTON, a hamlet, a chapelry, and a sub-district in Aston parish, Warwick. The hamlet lies adjacent to Staffordshire, on the Birmingham and Sutton-Coldfield railway, near the Fazeley canal and the river Tame, 4¼ miles NE by E of Birmingham; and has a station on the railway, and a post office‡ under Birmingham. Real property, £20, 465. Pop., 3, 906. Houses, 722. The manor was given by William the Conqueror to the Fitz Ausculphs; and passed to the Erdingtons. There are numerous villas and good modern dwellings. The chapelry is conterminate with the hamlet, and was constituted in 1858. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £200. Patron, the Vicar of Aston. The church is modern; and there are an Independent chapel, a Roman Catholic college for 200 students, with chapel and museum, two large orphan asylums, and a suite of alms-houses. The sub-district includes five other hamlets, and Aston manor. Pop., 24, 447.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Erdington Directory of Warwickshire 1850
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Griffin Edward, Erdington, Aston, Birmingham, surgeon, June 24, 1834.
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Aston
- Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Arden
- Poor Law Union: Aston
- Hundred: Hemlingford
- Province: Canterbury