Elmdon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1676
- Hampton in Arden
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ELMDON, a parish in Solihull district, Warwick; near the Birmingham and Warwick canal, the Birmingham and Warwick railway, and the Birmingham and Coventry railway, 2 miles N of Solihull r. station, and 6½ SE by E of Birmingham. Post town, Bickenhill, under Birmingham. Acres, 1,127. Real property, £2,269. Pop., 206. Houses, 34. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Spooners. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £230. Patron, not reported. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Solihull
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Arden
Poor Law Union: Solihull