Coventry St Michael is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Other places in the parish include: Radford, Whitley and Keresley.
Parish church: St Michael
Parish registers begin: 1714
Nonconformists include: Baptist, General Baptist, General Baptist New Connexion, Independent/Congregational, Particular Baptist, Presbyterian Unitarian, Primitive Methodist, Roman Catholic, Society of Friends/Quaker, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Coventry St Michael
Radford, a considerable village and hamlet, in the parish of St. Michael, 1 mile N., inhabited principally by plush weavers. Whatmore Park, 1½ mile N.N. by E., contains a few scattered farms; and the seat of Edward Phillips, Esq., is in the hamlet of Radford1
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Radford, 1 m. N.W. Coventry. P. 251.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
Radford, co. Warwick.
P.T. Coventry (91) 2m. NNE. Pop. 206.
A hamlet in that part of the parish of St. Michael which is in the county of the city of Coventry
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. III; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Coventry
- Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Coventry
- Poor Law Union: Coventry
- Hundred: Coventry Borough
- Province: Canterbury
- History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Warwickshire; Francis White & Co.; 1850. ↩