Status: Ancient Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1540
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
Parishes adjacent to Corley
- Keresley with Coundon
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CORLEY, a parish in Meriden district, Warwick; 3½ miles W of Longford and Exhall r. station, and 4½ NW of Coventry. Post town, Fillongley, under Coventry. Acres, 1,378. Real property, £3,525. Pop., 327. Houses, 78. The property is subdivided. A spot here was a chief station in the trigonometrical survey; and commands an extensive view. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £400. Patron, A. F. Gregory, Esq. The church is ancient; and its nave was recently restored. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Meriden
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Coventry
Poor Law Union: Meriden