Combrook is a chapelry of Kineton Ancient Parish in Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Combrooke
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1701
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1608
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Pillerton Hersey
- Compton Verney
- Walton D'Eivile
- Butlers Marston
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COMBROOK, a chapelry in Kineton parish, Warwick; adjacent to the Fosse way, 2 miles W by N of Kineton, and 7½ SSW of Southam-Road r. station. Post town, Kineton, under Warwick. Real property, £1,293. Pop., 228. Houses, 55. Compton Verney is the seat of the Verneys. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value and patron, not reported. There is a Wesleyan chapel. Verney's school has £25 a year from endowment, with two scholarships at Trinity college, Cambridge.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Stratford on Avon
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Kineton
Poor Law Union: Stratford on Avon