Churchover is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Church Over
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1658
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
- Newton and Biggin
- Newbold on Avon
- Harborough Magna
- Monks Kirby
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHURCH-OVER, a parish in Rugby district, Warwick, on the verge of the county, Watling-street, and the Midland railway, 4¼ miles N by E of Rugby. It has a post office under Rugby. Acres, 1,440. Real property, £3,652. Pop., 357. Houses, 72. The property is divided among a few. The parish is a meet for the Atherstone hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £270. Patron, H. Grimes, Esq. The church is good; and there are an Independent chapel and charities, £24.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Rugby
Probate Court: Pre-1837 – Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 – Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Coventry
Poor Law Union: Rugby