Church Lawford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1575
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: Presbyterian and Primitive Methodist.
- Kings Newnham
- Newbold on Avon
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LAWFORD-CHURCH, a parish, with a village, in Rugby district, Warwick; on the river Avon and the Northwestern railway, near the Fosse way, 3¾ miles E of Brandon r. station, and 4 W by N of Rugby. Posttown, Long-Lawford, under Rugby. Acres, 1,865. Real property, £2,523. Pop., 311. Houses, 69. The manor and all the land belong to the Duke of Buccleuch. A cutting of the railway here was made by excavation of 500,000 cubic yards of earth. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Kings-Newnham, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £300. Patron, the Duke of Buccleuch. The church is good; and consists of nave, aisle, and chancel, with a small tower. A school is supported by the Duke of Buccleueh.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Rugby
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Coventry
Poor Law Union: Rugby