Chilvers Coton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Other places in the parish include: Griff, Arbury Park, and Arbury.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1654
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1674
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational, Roman Catholic, and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHILVERS-COTON, a village and a parish in Nuneaton district, Warwick. The village stands adjacent to the Coventry canal and the Coventry and Nuneaton railway, 1 mile S of Nuneaton; and has a station on the railway. The parish includes also Griff hamlet, Arbury Park, and Nuneaton workhouse; and its post town is Nuneaton. Acres, 3,730. Real property, £12,884. Pop., 2,764. Houses, 624. Ribbon-weaving and coal mining are carried on. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Worcester. Value, £106. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good; and there are Independent, Wesleyan, and Roman Catholic chapels, a large free school, and charities £250. See Arbury.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Nuneaton
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Arden
Poor Law Union: Nuneaton