Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Peter and St. Paul
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1612
Parishes adjacent to Butlers Marston
- Pillerton Hersey
- Walton D'Eivile
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BUTLERS-MARSTON, a parish in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; on an affluent of the river Avon, 1½ mile SW of Kineton, and 7½ W by S of Fenny-Compton r. station. Post Town, Kineton, under Warwick. Acres, 1,620. Real property, £2,630. Pop., 271. Houses, 63. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £169. Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church is Norman. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Butler's-Marston, 4¼ mile S.W. Kineton. P. 313.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Shipston on Stour
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Kineton
Poor Law Union: Shipston on Stour