Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1582
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1612
- Shipston on Stour
- Sutton Under Brailes
- Long Compton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BURMINGTON, a parish in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; on the river Stour, 2 miles S by E of Shipston-on-Stour, and 3 ESE of Moreton r. station. It has a post office under Shipston-on-Stour. Acres, 808. Real property, £1,793. Pop., 212. Houses, 46. The manor belonged, in the time of Henry VI., to Sir Humphrey Stafford; and passed to the Strangeways. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Wolford in the diocese of Worcester. The church was recently rebuilt. There is a free school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Shipston on Stour
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Kineton
Poor Law Union: Shipston on Stour