Bishop's Itchington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire. Chadshunt is a chapelry of Bishop's Itchington.
Parish registers begin: 1559
Nonconformists include: General Baptist
Parishes adjacent to Bishop's Itchington
- Burton Dassett
- Chapel Ascote
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BISHOPS-ITCHINGTON, a parish in Southam district, Warwick; on the river Itchin and on the Oxford and Rugby railway, 2 miles SSE of Harbury station, and 3¾ SW of Southam. It has a post office under Rugby. Acres, with Chapel-Ascote, 3,026. Real property, £4,586. Pop., 598. Houses, 131. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacies of Chadshunt and Gaydon, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £416. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is good; and there are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £22.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Itchincton-Bishops, 3 miles S.W. Southam. P. 463
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Southam
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Bishop's Itchington
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Marton
- Poor Law Union: Southam
- Hundred: Knightlow
- Province: Canterbury