Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Birbury
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1665
- Long Itchington
- Leamington Hastings
- Bourton on Dunsmore
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BIRDINGBURY, or Birbury, a parish in Rugby district, Warwick; on the river Leam, adjacent to the Leamington and Rugby railway, 7 miles SW by W of Rugby. It has a station on the railway; and its Post Town is Leamington-Hastings, under Rugby. Acres, 1,180. Real property, £1,568. Pop., 184. Houses, 46. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged formerly to the Whelers; and belongs now to Sir T. Biddulph, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £120. Patron, Sir T. Biddulph, Bart. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Rugby
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Marton
Poor Law Union: Rugby